Japanese Yen overtakes the US Dollar in Bitcoin-fiat transactions

posted 6 months ago
Cryptocurrency data site CoinHills reports the Yen—Japan’s native fiat currency—is now the most used fiat currency when trading with Bitcoin.

The Japanese Yen made up 47% of the market share of Bitcoin-fiat trading pair, closely followed by the US dollar which accounted for 45% of all Bitcoin-fiat trades. The combined market share of Yen and the US dollar comes to 92%. This shows that most Bitcoin-fiat activities use these two currencies.
Tags: bitcoin, news