The Hodl Index is compiled from Bitcoin-related news published on our website.
In the "All charts" section you can see all Bitcoin-related news separated into three charts:
- Bullish - positive impact on Bitcoin price (news with a green flag)
- Bearish - negative impact on Bitcoin price (news with a red flag)
- Neutral - no impact on Bitcoin price (news with no flags)
In the "Cumulative chart" section there's just one chart which combines bullish and bearish charts into one. As a result, if the point on that chart falls above 0 then the news impact on that day (or within the time frame a point represents) was positive overall; if the point on the chart falls below 0, then the news impact was negative.
It is important to remember that if a point on a chart falls exactly at 0 this could mean one of three things:
- The Number of bearish news equals the number of bullish news.
- There was only neutral news.
- There was no news at all.
Remember that currently The Hodl Index is based on our subjective evaluation of Bitcoin-related news, but we are working on gathering stats and improving our methods of assessment and evaluation. Updates are coming, stay tuned.